The Income Tax department recently announced on Twitter that the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has decided to give one-time relaxation for verification of e-filed Income Tax Return (ITR) for the Assessment Year (AY) of 2020-21. For the unversed, the process of filing the Income Tax Return (ITR) online is called e-filing.
“CBDT provides one-time relaxation for verification of e-filed ITRs for AY 2020-21 which are pending for verification due to non-submission of ITR-V form or pending e-Verification,” Income Tax India tweeted.
On consideration of difficulties reported by taxpayers/stakeholders due to Covid & in e-filing of Audit reports for AY 2021-22 under the IT Act, 1961, CBDT further extends due dates for filing of Audit reports & ITRs for AY 21-22. Circular No. 01/2022 dated 11.01.2022 issued. pic.twitter.com/2Ggata8Bq3
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) January 11, 2022
To e-file your ITR, people need to create an account on the e-filing portal. Once done, you can log in and go ahead with the rest of the filing process. Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can do it now.
How to file your income tax return on the e-filing portal for AY 2021-22
- Visit the Income Tax e-filing website and select the ‘Login’ button.
- Log in to the portal by entering the username and password
- Once you are logged in, click on the “e-file” category, select ‘File Income Tax Return’ from the drop down
- Select the required Assessment year and click on “Continue”
- Select the filing mode as “online” and select ‘individual’ for the “Please select the status applicable to you to proceed” category
- Select the ITR form type as per your requirement
- Choose the right reason for filing the returns above the basic exempted limit from the given choices
- Enter your bank details
- Read the income tax return summary very carefully and edit the incorrect details, if any.
- After that, you need to verify the returns and send a hard copy to the Income Tax Department. You cannot skip this step in any condition, as verification is mandatory
The post How to file your income tax return online for AY 2021-22 appeared first on BGR India.